home email freebies tpt pinterest

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Recap

This time of year is always such a mixed bag of emotions for me!  I'm glad that the shopping, wrapping, baking, decorating, and ugh-unhealthy eating is behind us...but I am so sad that it will be another year before I get to see my sweet little guy walk downstairs to find what Santa brought for him for being such a good little boy.  Am I the only one? 

So now that 2012 is drawing to a close, I thought I'd share some of what we've done in my classroom lately, but I've neglected to share with you all. I am, here and now, making a resolution to TAKE MORE PICTURES! It's so hard when I'm there to teach and not to capture every moment in a photo, ha! But, I'm going to find a way to work daily picture taking into the routine.



Here's our Christmas bulletin board.

If the title of the bulletin board doesn't make it obvious, we were learning about l blends and s blends when we made these sleds.  We brainstormed a list of sl words together on chart paper and the kiddos had to write words with sl blends on top of each gift on their sled.


More along the s blends theme...I created posters with a word and pictures and the students added to each of these for the s blends. 
scarf
sweater
sled
star
skis
s'mores
spoon
snowman


So, yes, yes, I know that Thanksgiving was a REALLY long time ago. But here's something cute we did for verb endings. Each student chose a verb and wrote it on a turkey feather. Then they wrote the verb with the -s, -ed, and -ing endings on the remaining three feathers.
 
Now I feel like you are updated on what I could share with you as far as pictures went.  Again, I am declaring a promise to myself and my followers to take more pictures in 2013!
 
Speaking of 2013...check back on January 1st for a post filled with a fresh outlook and ideas (and FREEBIES) to start the new year off right.  Enjoy the rest of your winter break!
 

1 comment: