So, it feels like months ago, but recently I was nominated by two different bloggers for the Liebster Award. I figured this was the perfect way to help you get to know me a little better. Vanessa from The Educated Crown nominated me, so thank-you, Vanessa!!! I was also nominated for this award by Caitlin from Always Sunny in First. Thank-you, Caitlin! Click on their links to check out their cute blogs.
According to Vanessa’s blog, The Liebster Award is defined this way:
Liebster is German and means "dearest," "lovely," "cute," "beloved," and "welcome". What a great word! Since blogging is about creating community, this award is a fabulous way to spread the word about new blogs.To accept this award I must do the following:
1. Link back to the blogs that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees- my nominees can answer the same questions I did.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are the 11 questions presented to me by Vanessa at The Educated Crown.
1. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite? I teach first grade. Yes, it is my absolute favorite. I love the age of my students and their sweet personalities, I love the curriculum, and I could not imagine teaching any other grade.
2. What's your favorite season? Without a doubt, it’s the fall/back to school season. There’s something about seeing high school football practice outside my classroom window that just puts me in the fall mood. I love the temperature of the air in fall, the changing color of the leaves, everything pumpkin (especially food), and the many festivals and markets that pop up in the fall season.
3. What is your favorite sweet concoction? I just LOVE New York cheesecake. Sometimes with strawberries or cherries, but usually plain. I also LOVE Diet Coke with cherry syrup, like the kind from Sonic. Yum!
4. Do you have children? Yes! My son turned two in February and he is the apple of my eye! Every day I am amazed by the smart things he says or remembers, like finding octagons when we go on walks! We are also expecting a little girl this fall!!
5. Do I have any pets? Yes, our first “child” was our dog, Mr. Pooker Boo. He’s a poodle mix. He is 7 years old and was our only “baby” for five years. He’s adjusted well to the role of big brother and now lives a life more like a dog, but he’s still pretty spoiled.
6. What is your favorite subject to teach? Definitely math! Even though I have my master’s degree as a reading specialist, I really enjoy teaching math. I love moving from point a to point b with my firsties and making it fun and meaningful along the way.
7. What is your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad, which starts tonight!!!! I also like Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Modern Family, and Parks & Rec.
8. If you weren't a teacher, what career path might you have chosen? Nursing. My husband was seriously ill many years ago, which really interested me in medicine. For much of that time, I was his nurse at home. That experience taught us both so much, but most of all it taught us to appreciate every single second we have and not to take anything for granted. The fact that we are now able to have children and raise a family is honestly something we at one time were sure we’d never get to experience.
9. Do you use a MAC or PC? I use a PC.
10. 5. How do you relax? What? Relax? This does not happen with a two year old. I do however, fall asleep from exhaustion on the couch most nights! Lol!
11. If you could learn something new, what would it be? I would absolutely love to get a “good” camera and really learn how to use it. I am terrible at taking pictures.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I LOVE glitter, sparkles, & sequins!
2. I love RAINBOWS, especially rainbows with puffy clouds.
3. I also love pretty much anything else from the 80’s.
4. I love Jay-Z! Who would guess by looking at this 35 year-old mama that I love rap?!
5. I know how to drive stick!
6. I cannot whistle.
7. I am obsessed with pop music from the summer of ‘91. Weird, I know!
8. I am extremely self-reflective, almost to a fault.
. I run into people I know ALL THE TIME in random places, like Boston and Philadelphia. We just moved to a new town and I ran into an old friend, right in front of our house, about an hour after we closed on our house! I had no clue she even lived in this town.
10. No one I work with knows about this blog! Shhhh! Actually, only my mom and husband know about it!
11. I HATE steak!
Here are the 5 blogs that I am nominating for the Liebster award: