Saturday, August 17, 2013
TpT shop to stock up for the school year ahead.
For all of you who use my HM Theme Resource Packs, I have great news! I’ve finally finished Theme 10 and it’s in my TpT shop. Click on the picture to check it out.
Now that Theme 10 is complete, I was able to put together two new HM bundle packs. Click on either of the pictures to have a look.
Sunday, August 11, 2013
So, it feels like months ago, but recently I was nominated by two different bloggers for the Liebster Award. I figured this was the perfect way to help you get to know me a little better. Vanessa from The Educated Crown nominated me, so thank-you, Vanessa!!! I was also nominated for this award by Caitlin from Always Sunny in First. Thank-you, Caitlin! Click on their links to check out their cute blogs.
According to Vanessa’s blog, The Liebster Award is defined this way:
1. Link back to the blogs that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees- my nominees can answer the same questions I did.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are the 11 questions presented to me by Vanessa at The Educated Crown.
1. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite? I teach first grade. Yes, it is my absolute favorite. I love the age of my students and their sweet personalities, I love the curriculum, and I could not imagine teaching any other grade.
2. What's your favorite season? Without a doubt, it’s the fall/back to school season. There’s something about seeing high school football practice outside my classroom window that just puts me in the fall mood. I love the temperature of the air in fall, the changing color of the leaves, everything pumpkin (especially food), and the many festivals and markets that pop up in the fall season.
3. What is your favorite sweet concoction? I just LOVE New York cheesecake. Sometimes with strawberries or cherries, but usually plain. I also LOVE Diet Coke with cherry syrup, like the kind from Sonic. Yum!
4. Do you have children? Yes! My son turned two in February and he is the apple of my eye! Every day I am amazed by the smart things he says or remembers, like finding octagons when we go on walks! We are also expecting a little girl this fall!!
5. Do I have any pets? Yes, our first “child” was our dog, Mr. Pooker Boo. He’s a poodle mix. He is 7 years old and was our only “baby” for five years. He’s adjusted well to the role of big brother and now lives a life more like a dog, but he’s still pretty spoiled.
6. What is your favorite subject to teach? Definitely math! Even though I have my master’s degree as a reading specialist, I really enjoy teaching math. I love moving from point a to point b with my firsties and making it fun and meaningful along the way.
7. What is your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad, which starts tonight!!!! I also like Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Modern Family, and Parks & Rec.
8. If you weren't a teacher, what career path might you have chosen? Nursing. My husband was seriously ill many years ago, which really interested me in medicine. For much of that time, I was his nurse at home. That experience taught us both so much, but most of all it taught us to appreciate every single second we have and not to take anything for granted. The fact that we are now able to have children and raise a family is honestly something we at one time were sure we’d never get to experience.
9. Do you use a MAC or PC? I use a PC.
10. 5. How do you relax? What? Relax? This does not happen with a two year old. I do however, fall asleep from exhaustion on the couch most nights! Lol!
11. If you could learn something new, what would it be? I would absolutely love to get a “good” camera and really learn how to use it. I am terrible at taking pictures.
Friday, August 2, 2013
Hi loyal readers! I know I’ve been absolutely MIA from this blog for a few months! To make it up to you, I’ve just uploaded a brand new freebie to start the new school year. This is a math center that focuses on patterning. Use the pretty cover sheet and student directions to display at your center. There’s even a recording sheet included to hold your new firsties accountable for their work.
Click the picture to download.
We’ve had quite a bit of excitement for the last few months! I have exciting news to share! I’m expecting a baby girl this fall!!!! And…we moved into the house of our dreams last week! Woo hoo!!!! It’s been a rough road getting to this point and it certainly looked like it could all fall apart quite a few times, but here we are and we couldn’t be happier! I hope that helps to explain why I’ve not been blogging for a while!
Since yesterday was the first day of August, the official “back to school month,” I went into my classroom to work all day yesterday. I mainly spent my time purging all the junk I’ve accumulated over the last 12 years (gasp!). I have SO much more to do before school starts! I’ll post pictures as soon as things start to look presentable. Enjoy the freebie!